Why study in the UK?
What do the following world leaders have in common?
- Tony Abbott, Prime Minister of Australia
- Hassanal Bolkiah, Sultan of Brunei
- David Johnston, Governor General of Canada
- Juan Manuel Santos, President of Colombia
- King Abdullah II of Jordan
- Abdul Halim of Kedah, King of Malaysia
- Qaboos bin Said al Said, Sultan of Oman
- Lee Hsien Loong, Prime Minister of Singapore
- Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum. Vice President of the UAE and ruler of Dubai
Like you, they saw the advantages of a British education. A measure of the quality of the UK education systems is that a remarkable 1 in 7 world Heads of State or Prime Ministers have a British education. The UK is a small and diverse country, whose culture is enormously enriched by its international contacts. We are very proud that although the UK has less than 1% of the world’s population, almost 15% of the world’s current leaders chose a British education. If you look back over the last 100 years the list is astounding!
The University City of Cambridge has inspired centuries of genius, creativity and culture:
- Newton, Darwin, Kelvin, and Stephen Hawking amongst its scientists;
- Wordsworth, EM Forster, and CS Lewis amongst its literary giants;
- figures as diverse as Oppenheimer, Prince Charles and the Monty Python team.
Cambridge is a world-famous centre of excellence for teaching, learning and culture. A beautiful city full of history, amazing architecture, museums, parks and gardens, Cambridge has a wonderfully unique and relaxing atmosphere and is the ideal place to learn.
Come and experience possibly the most inspirational educational city in the world!