One year i/GCSE programme
CCSS runs a highly successful one year programme for GCSE students. We offer a broad range of subjects providing students with a varied and balanced curriculum. Maths, English and a science subject are compulsory on this course.
Students usually take between five and seven subjects, depending on their background and future plans. This approach gives experience of a range of academic disciplines before choosing which subjects to study on the A-level programme.
Personal, social and health education (PSHE) is an important element of the education for our younger students and this is interwoven in the GCSE programme.
Who chooses a GCSE programme at CCSS?
- UK students who, after completing Year 9 or Year 10 at local schools feel that they will benefit from our small class sizes and personal attention or from our extensive subject range.
- Students whose families are planning to move to Cambridge and who seek a first class, success-focussed provision.
- International students who want to prepare for A-Level courses.
- Re-sit students who have not performed as well as they hoped and wish to retake GCSE in order to improve their grades and get a firm foundation for further education.
- Students who want to build upon GCSE success by quickly gaining additional GCSEs in new subjects that will open doors to a bright future.
With an average class size of six, you receive strong individual support. Our Head of GCSE has a great rapport with students, you’ll meet every day to keep a close eye on your progress and achievement.
Current GCSE courses include: Mathematics, English Literature, English Language, English as a Second Language, French, Geography, History, Business studies, Art, Biology, Chemistry and Physics.