Our Students’ Welfare
CCSS provides an extraordinary level of care and attention to students. This support is close and effective, which enables parents to have confidence that their children are being cared for and kept safe. This is achieved in an unobtrusive way, encouraging students to gain a sense of self-determination and grow in personal responsibility. A key philosophy of CCSS is to enable students to benefit from the highest levels of care and support offered by the independent sector, while also being guided towards the independence and skills that are essential for success at university.
The 2013 report by the UK Independent Schools Inspectorate recognised the exceptional success of our approach and praised the way we promote the development and welfare of the young adults in our care. The ISI described our commitment to students’ academic and social development as “the hallmark” of our provision – we are very proud of that.
The CCSS system
Underpinning the uniqueness of CCSS is a pastoral system that encourages clear and comprehensive communication between all staff, students and parents. Every student is placed in the care of a designated personal tutor who works closely with each student and liaises with parents, teachers and boarding staff. We share a common goal: to ensure that students make an effective transition to independence and responsibility. During their time at CCSS, students will be supported in achieving academic success, personal development and a rich cultural and extra-curricular experience.
Working with every indvidual
The Tutorial Team consists of over 20 experienced and dedicated staff who meet their tutees individually on a weekly basis. The “tutorial” gives us protected time to enter into a productive developmental dialogue. This will include:
- Help with study, time management and revision skills
- Monitoring progress and providing feedback
- Support in liaising with teaching staff to help you overcome subject specific difficulties
- Opportunities for discussing any personal concerns
- Referrals to our SEND department should particularly difficulties with the learning process arise
- Guidance on choosing appropriate degree courses with specialist Careers Profiling
- Intensive assistance with the UCAS application process and personal statement preparation
- Applications to appropriate university information and Taster Days e.g. Engineering Experience placements/medical work shadowing/Law Workshops and Headstart Courses
- Encouraging you to make the most of the educational and cultural opportunities of being in Cambridge e.g. University of Cambridge open public lecture programme, and The Institute of Astronomy public lectures.
Where to look next:
- To find out more about our A Level and GCSE courses, click here
- We have possibly the best boarding in the UK – have a look at boarding at CCSS
- Our student profiles give you an insight into what life is like for students at CCSS
- If you’re interested in seeing which universities our students go to, click here.
Call us - +44 (0) 1223 716890
Book a visit
Book a visit
Find out more about our regular open events, or use the form to the right and we’ll contact you to discuss a visit: