Tutors and Staff
The CCSS system
Underpinning the unique style of CCSS is a pastoral system that encourages effective communication between all staff, students and parents. Every student is allocated a personal tutor who works closely with them and their parents, teachers and boarding staff throughout their time at CCSS. We share a common goal: to ensure that students make an effective transition to independence and responsibility. During their time at CCSS, students will be supported in achieving academic success, personal development and a rich cultural and extra-curricular experience.
Working with every individual
The Tutorial Team consists of over 20 experienced and dedicated staff who meet their tutees individually on a weekly basis. The “tutorial” affords protected time to consider issues such as:
- Help with study, time management and revision skills
- Monitoring progress and providing feedback
- Support in liaising with teaching staff to help you overcome subject specific difficulties
- Opportunities for discussing any personal concerns
- Referrals to our SEND department should particular difficulties with the learning process arise
- Guidance on choosing appropriate degree courses with specialist Careers Profiling
- Intensive assistance with the UCAS application process and personal statement preparation
- Applications to appropriate university information and Taster Days e.g. Engineering Experience placements/medical work shadowing/Law Workshops and Headstart Courses
- Encouraging you to make the most of the educational and cultural opportunities of being in Cambridge e.g. University of Cambridge open public lecture programme, and The Institute of Astronomy public lectures.
Where to look next:
- To find out more about our A Level and GCSE courses, click here
- We have possibly the best boarding in the UK – have a look at boarding at CCSS
- Our student profiles give you an insight into what life is like for students at CCSS
- If you’re interested in seeing which universities our students go to, click here.
Call us - +44 (0) 1223 716890
Book a visit
Book a visit
Find out more about our regular open events, or use the form to the right and we’ll contact you to discuss a visit: