Visa support

Will I need a visa to study in the UK?

If you are a UK or EEA citizen you will not need a visa. Citizens from other countries need a Tier 4 student visa to study for more than six months in the UK. There are a few exceptions and special cases (for example if you hold a British National overseas passport), but we will advise you carefully.

Where can I apply for a student visa?

In the majority of cases, you must apply in your own country. You apply at your nearest UK visa application centre, see for further details. If you have previously studied in the UK and have current leave, you may re-enter the UK and apply for your visa ‘in-country’. Should you wish to do this, you must make your application before you can legally start with us.

How long will it take to get a student visa?

That depends on the country you are applying in. Some countries are quick, in others it can take a long time. Tier 4 Child visas are normally processed more quickly than Tier 4 General. Expect it to take longer between July and October when most students apply. Check the Home Office website for average processing times for your country.

Will my English language level be tested for my acceptance to CCSS?

Our admissions policy states that our students must have a specific level of English to be able to cope with the demands of the course. The Home Office also expects CCSS to have assessed your level of English before we issue a ‘Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies’. This can be done a number of ways: please contact our admissions team for details.

What is a ‘Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies’?

A ‘Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies’ or CAS is an electronic visa letter which we provide the Home Office in order to support your visa application.

How long will my student visa allow me to stay in the UK?

You will be given a visa until the end of your course. That means you will be given a two-year visa if you are joining a two-year A Level course, or a one-year visa if you have enrolled for a one-year course. The amount of time that your visa extends beyond the end of your course is detailed on the guidance when applying for your visa. It should allow you to remain in the UK to get your examination results (GCSE and A Level results are published in August each year). You should check when your visa expires as soon as you are given it, and you should request a change if you have not been given a visa for the right length of time.

 What happens if I obtain the visa but I do not arrive at CCSS?

We are required to inform the Home Office that you have a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies from us but that you have not attended. They will then cancel the visa issued.

What can I do if my visa application is rejected?

You must contact us as soon as possible so we can advise you. You may be entitled to apply again but that will take time. If you want to give up your place at CCSS you must tell us as soon as possible.

We may keep your Security Deposit, visa deposit and the first term’s fees unless we are certain that you have complied with the Home Office rules to obtain a visa.

How does The Home Office recognise CCSS?

CCSS is registered with the UK Department for Education, we are regularly inspected, and we hold Tier 4 Sponsor Status with the Home Office.

Getting the visa – what do I have to prove?

Your papers need to demonstrate that you meet the requirements. The visa officer needs to be sure that:

  • You have been accepted onto a full-time course at a recognised school.
  • You have the qualifications needed to cope with the course.
  • You have the money to pay for the course and your living expenses.
  • You intend to return to your own country when you finish studying.
  • You are knowledgeable about your proposed course of study and the relevance of the course to your post-study plans.
  • You have the appropriate level of English to cope with the demands of the course.

Remember that CCSS will advise you carefully. We will check your documentation is in order before you submit your visa application to ensure you have the best chance of a positive outcome.

Call us - +44 (0) 1223 454762

Contact us

Contact us


Call on: +44 (0) 1223 454762

Email us at: [email protected]

Write to us at:
1 Salisbury Villas
Station Road
United Kingdom

Book a visit

Book a visit

Use the form to the right and we’ll contact you to discuss a visit: