Scholars House (girls and boys)
Scholars House is a purpose-built boarding house located in one of the most cosmopolitan areas of Cambridge. Surrounded by a mix of independent and quirky shops, cafes and restaurants, Scholars House is a short walk from the railway station and one of the most famous open spaces in the city, Parkers Piece, with its nearby Parkside Pool and Kelsey Kerridge Leisure Centre.
Scholars House has a modern twist on the classic Cambridge University layout of a peaceful central court providing an attractive outlook for the student rooms. As with University of Cambridge accommodation, once inside the building, the bustle of city life is replaced by the calm of academic study and a peaceful, enjoyable environment.
Scholars is the largest of the CCSS boarding Houses with 56 single ensuite rooms. These are divided into single sex units.
The individual ensuite study-bedrooms, contemporary and purposeful, are typical of the better standards of Cambridge student accommodation. Excellent communal facilities, high levels of staffing and the popular location of Scholars, makes this a sought after residence for our older students.
Scholars House has several comfortable common rooms, with TVs and snack-making facilities. All meals are provided at our Kirby’s restaurant, just across the road, by our expert catering staff.
Summary of Scholars House features:
- Purpose-built boarding for girls and boys
- Ensuite bathrooms
- Vibrant, cosmopolitan location
- Dining at our Kirby’s Restaurant
- All meals are prepared using fresh and healthy ingredients
- Private garden
- Medical care provided by the CCSS Nurse
- Residential House Managers available 24hrs, 7 days a week for student/parent support
- We supply all bedding and towels and arrange for them to be laundered weekly
- On-site laundry facilities
- We offer summer storage to save students having to take home their belongings between academic years (terms apply)
- All bedrooms benefit from fast fibre internet access
As with all our Houses, and unlike many other colleges’ boarding houses, Hope is staffed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and you are able to be in the House at any time. College House Managers are all well-trained professionals whom you will get to know well.