One year iGCSE Programme
CCSS runs a highly successful one year programme for iGCSE students. We offer a broad range of subjects providing students with a varied and balanced curriculum. Maths, English and a science subject are compulsory on this course.
Students usually take between five and seven subjects, depending on their background and future plans. This approach gives experience of a range of academic disciplines before choosing which subjects to study on the A-level programme.
Personal, social and health education (PSHE) is an important element of the education for our younger students and this is interwoven in the iGCSE programme.
Who chooses an iGCSE programme at CCSS?
- UK students who, after completing Year 10 at local schools feel that they will benefit from our small class sizes and personal attention or from our extensive subject range.
- Students whose families are planning to move to Cambridge and who seek a first class, success-focussed provision.
- International students who want to prepare for A-Level courses.
- Re-sit students who have not performed as well as they hoped and wish to retake iGCSE in order to improve their grades and get a firm foundation for further education.
- Students who want to build upon iGCSE success by quickly gaining additional iGCSEs in new subjects that will open doors to a bright future.
This programme is suitable for students aged 15-17 who are perhaps relocating to Cambridge, or who are looking for a fresh start for their year 11 studies. Previous school reports and predicted grades will be considered when assessing students’ suitability for a place on this course.
Please note: iGCSE options are subject to change. Please contact Admissions on +44 (0) 1223 707943 to discuss options.
Boarding options for students (aged 15/16)
Our iGCSE boarding students are normally allocated a twin room (ensuite) in our newly renovated boarding house at St Barnabas. Please click here for more information on St Barnabas.
Call us - +44 (0) 1223 454762
Call on: +44 (0) 1223 454762
Email us at: [email protected]
Write to us at:
1 Salisbury Villas