One year i/GCSE Programme
CCSS runs a highly successful one year programme for GCSE students. We offer a broad range of subjects providing students with a varied and balanced curriculum. Maths, English and a science subject are compulsory on this course.
Students usually take between five and seven subjects, depending on their background and future plans. This approach gives experience of a range of academic disciplines before choosing which subjects to study on the A-level programme.
Personal, social and health education (PSHE) is an important element of the education for our younger students and this is interwoven in the GCSE programme.
Boarding options for students (aged 15/16)
Our GCSE boarding students are normally allocated a twin room (ensuite) in our newly renovated boarding house at St Barnabas. Please click here for more information on St Barnabas.
Who chooses a GCSE programme at CCSS?
- UK students who, after completing Year 9 or Year 10 at local schools feel that they will benefit from our small class sizes and personal attention or from our extensive subject range.
- Students whose families are planning to move to Cambridge and who seek a first class, success-focussed provision.
- International students who want to prepare for A-Level courses.
- Re-sit students who have not performed as well as they hoped and wish to retake GCSE in order to improve their grades and get a firm foundation for further education.
- Students who want to build upon GCSE success by quickly gaining additional GCSEs in new subjects that will open doors to a bright future.
With an average class size of six, you receive strong individual support. Our Head of GCSE has a great rapport with students, you’ll meet every day to keep a close eye on your progress and achievement.
Current GCSE courses include: Mathematics, English Literature, English Language, English as a Second Language, Computer Science, Geography, History, Business studies, Art, Biology, Chemistry and Physics.
Call us - +44 (0) 1223 707943
Book a visit
Find out more about our regular open events, or use the form to the right and we’ll contact you to discuss a visit: