This policy, together with our main Terms and Conditions, sets out the basis on which any personal data CCSS collects from you, or that you provide to CCSS, will be processed by CCSS. Please read the following carefully to understand the views and practices of CCSS regarding your personal data and how it will be treated.
Data Protection Act 1998
Any personal data supplied to CCSS via the Website will be treated strictly in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. This means that CCSS will:
- Only use the data for the purpose for which it was supplied, namely, the provision of educational services and related activities.
- Strive to ensure that all data is accurate and up to date.
- Only store the data for as long as is necessary.
- Keep all data as secure as possible.
We will not disclose your personal data to any third party without your consent, unless required to do so by law.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, posting material or requesting further information or services. We may also ask you for information.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Details of your visits to our Website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data and other communication data and details of the resources that you access.
IP Addresses and Cookies
On visiting the Website CCSS may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type. This is solely to enable CCSS to make the Website more user friendly and is statistical data only. It cannot be used to identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain certain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help website hosts to improve the service a website provides, and enable CCSS to:
- Estimate user numbers and usage patterns
- Store information about your preferences
- Speed up your searches
- Recognise when you return to the Website
|Google Analytics||__utma, __utmb, __utmc, __utmz||These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site.||Click here for an overview of privacy at Google|
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although CCSS will do its best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Website. Any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information we will use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Website, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our Website.
We may also use your data to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we may contact you about these by post or telephone.
CCSS Website may, from time to time, contain links to external websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that they have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Due to the increased level of personal data we hold on Registered Users, there is a separate section on privacy within the Registered Users Terms and Conditions. We strongly recommend that all Registered Users familiarise themselves with these additional provisions.
Access to Information
You have the right to request a copy of all personal data CCSS holds on your behalf. CCSS reserves the right to charge a fee of £10 for providing you with this information.
Changes to This Policy